Green, Solar & Sustainable Building.
High Performance. Sustainable. Green. For LEMA, each of these concepts goes hand-in-hand with being a better builder-taking care of every community we serve. Setting new standards for green building construction. Promoting buildings that are environmentally responsible places to do business. And, operating our own company in the same way.
As a green construction company LEMA strives to meet community and national standards in high performance building. Creating innovative structures that cleaned form with functions, in harmony with the environment. Through leadership in the greater green movement, including with the United States Green Building Council (USGBC), LEMA employees are active participants in the green dialogue.
We believe the choices we make are not just for today..not just for us, or our clients. The choices we make will leave a legacy for those who will follow us and create new footprints on this earth. Our advanced green building construction systems and services do just that.
LEMA Construction Contractor’s Environmental Policy
It is the policy of LEMA Construction & Developer’s Inc. and its subsidiaries to conduct business in a socially responsible and ethical manner that seeks to protect the environment. Our goal is to be a leader in environmental practices by emphasizing and encouraging innovative and creative solutions, and continually improving our environmental performance.
To accomplish this, LEMA Construction will:
- Develop and maintain a corporate culture of environmental stewardship;
- Develop and maintain an Environmental Management program;
- Conduct Environmental Risk Assessments and prepare project-specific environmental control plans as required;
- Commit to training and educating our staff and promote a culture of minimizing our environmental impact with particular emphasis on water quality, habitat conservation, and wildlife interaction;
- Meet environmental requirements defined by legislation, regulation, government directives, standards,
Best Practices and other applicable environmental standards;
- Ensure that planning and operational decision making at LEMA gives great consideration to how our actions impact the environment and how we can manage and actively mitigate environmental impacts;
- Integrate environmental protection into our business by planning activities to avoid or mitigate adverse environmental impacts;
- Ensure that subcontractors and their employees understand and adhere to LEMA’s environmental policy
- Conserve resource use by efficient use of energy, by reduction of emissions and discharges, by eliminating unnecessary waste and by recycling where practical;
- Ensure that response to any environmental incidents associated with LEMA operations is swift and effective; and
- Work towards continual improvement of our environmental performance and environmental management systems
Four Basic Principles
Our Commitment to Green Building
- Weave sustainability into the fabric of all company operations to reduce our carbon footprint.
- Encourage all clients and partners to incorporate sustainable design and construction methods regardless of project goals.
- Bring viable, green building construction solutions to the table.
- Educate and train our employees in sustainable construction best practices and provide the tools for them to lead the way.